Mr. Savji Dholajia
Founder and Chairman: Hari Krishna Exports Pvt. Ltd.
Entrepreneur | Business Leader | Philanthropist | Motivational Speaker
Hari Krishna Exports Pvt. Ltd. (HKEPL) is the world’s leading diamond and diamond jewellery house, offering a wide and consistent range of diamonds in varying cuts and sizes. HKEPL is one of the biggest manufacturers of Fancy shape diamonds in the entire world by value, HKEPL is exports polished diamonds to 81 countries. Currently, HK manufactures over 45,000 carats of diamonds every month (500,000 carats every year). HKEPL is also involved in diamond jewellery manufacturing and exporting. Kisna Diamond Jewellery has over 480 distributors and more than 6500 retail outlets.
In 1992, HKEPL started as a small size diamond cutting and polishing unit in Surat with very few machines and employees. Today, HKEPL employs over 8000 employees and has a USD 1.5 billion revenue. HKEPL is the only organisation to receive the Excellence in Exports Award from India’s Gem and Jewellery Exports Promotion Council for 18 consecutive years. We began to get involved in Social Work in 1996 by establishing ‘Hari Krishna Charitable Trust’, now renamed ‘Dholakia Foundation’.
HKEPL embarked on a journey to serve and protect Mother Earth and society by taking up numerous welfare activities and feats. For our provision of distinguished service to this society, Mr. Savji Dholakia was conferred with the most prestigious Padma Shri award by the Government of India.
- Belongs to Village Dudhala, Amreli District, Gujarat.
- At the age of 12, migrated to Surat in search of a fortune in the Diamond Business; later, in 1984, started his venture in the diamond business.
- After 10 years of rigorous diamond polishing work, he formed Hari Krishna Exports in 1992 with his 3 brothers. At that time, Hari Krishna Exports started with a small size diamond cutting and polishing unit in Surat with a few machines and employees. It later expanded to Mumbai to meet the growing demand for raw diamonds.
- In 2002, they started a company in Mumbai – H.K. Jewels Mumbai.
- Further expanded business offices to New York, Hong Kong, and Antwerp.
- Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, inaugurated the State-of-the-art Diamond Unit of HK in Surat.