Shri Parshottam Rupala
Hon’ble Union Cabinet Minister of Fisheries Animal Husbandry and Dairying – Govt. of India
Parshottam Rupala was the President of the Amreli district Bhartiya Janta Party from 1988 to 1991. This led to his assumption of charge of the State Secretary of the Bharatiya Janta Party in 1992.
His clear vision and perfect understanding of the needs of the masses, have helped him to bring effective changes that have benefited the common man. In political as well as the social spheres Parshottam Rupala, has always adopted an all encompassing approach.
Member of Amreli Legislative Assembly:
- 1991-95, Amreli Assembly Constituency
- 1995-97, Amreli Assembly Constituency
- 1998-2002, Amreli Assembly Constituency, (GUJARAT STATE)
- 19/03/1995 to 20/10/1995, Narmada Development, Water Resources and Water Supply Department.
- 04/11/1995 to 18/09/1996, Water Resources and Water Supply Department.
- 07/10/2001 to 21/12/2002, Agriculture and Co-op. Department
Chairman, Public Accounts Committee, Gujarat Legislative Assembly, March 1997 to December 1997
Member of Parliament – Rajya Sabha:
- Rajya Sabha – Dt.10/04/2008 to 09/04/2014.
- Rajya Sabha – Dt.03.06.2016 to 02.04.2018.
- Rajya Sabha – Dt.03.04.2018 to 02.04.2024.
Member: Parliamentary Committees :
- Food and Consumer Affairs (May 2009)
- Personnel Affairs (From August 2009),
- Ports (From July 2010),
- Chemicals and Fertilizers (From September 2010)
- Agriculture (From August 2012).
Member of Parliament – Rajya Sabha – Dt.03/06/2016
- Union Minister of State for Agriculture, Farmers Welfare and Panchayati Raj – From Dt.05.07.2016 to Dt.30.05.2019.
- Union Minister of State for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare From Dt.30.05.2019 to Dt.07.07.2021.
- Union Cabinet Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying – Govt. of India From Dt.07.07.2021 to Onwards